Here we go.

16 February 2011

Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood was the only way I could afford women's health services in my 20s.  Even though I am better off financially, I still go to PP for my health care; I couldn't just toss 'em to the wind once I didn't need them anymore.    I go for my annuals, to get screened for cancer (a must, as it runs in my family), learn about sexual health, and for breast examinations.  There are still a lot of women (and men) who need access to this kind of health care and I will absolutely vouch for them.

Please contact Rep. Tim Griffin and throw your support behind PP and petition him to not cut funds for Planned Parenthood.  He (and others) have got so much on the budget chopping block -- remind him that  though he may not need these services, a multitude of people do.

Thanks.

Easy:  (501) 324-5941

Easier:  https://griffin.house.gov/contact-me/email-me

Easiest:   http://twitter.com/#!/RepTimGriffin


Frankly, I really hate that he is our "representative".  I'm afraid my pleas will fall on deaf ears, but I'm doing it anyway, so they'll have some numbers showing that someone in Arkansas gives a damn about women's health.

No comments:

Blog Archive